What is a NAS Device and How Do You Encrypt It?
NAS stands for network attached storage. A NAS device offers dedicated file storage, providing a way for users to easily access files from a central location. A NAS device is connected to your network, offering accessibility for users on the network both on location and remotely. A VPN can be used to encrypt your NAS device, offering a greater level of privacy and security. With a VPN for NAS, all traffic is sent over the VPN network to secure your files. With VyprVPN you will enjoy many valuable features, including access to over 700 server locations worldwide. Additionally, NAS devices can use several VPN protocols, including OpenVPN 265-bit and PPTP. To encrypt your NAS device, follow these instructions:
- Sign up for a VPN service. VyprVPN is fast and highly-secure, and will encrypt your NAS device.
- Follow the instructions for installing VyprVPN on your NAS device.
- Launch the app and login with your credentials.
- Select your VPN protocol and server location, then click Connect.
- That's it! An extra layer of privacy and security is now activated for your NAS device.
For detailed instructions on installing VyprVPN on your NAS device to encrypt it, view our support pages:
- How to install VyprVPN for QNAP
- How to install VyprVPN for Synology